Redesign of CaseFoundation.org.
The Case Foundation began to see its website as a key asset in its mission to encourage citizen-centered philanthropy and to spotlight people and organizations at work in the field. But the existing sites long-form content and inflexible design worked against this goal. Time for a redesign.
Business Objective: Reduce maintenance costs and turn-around time for new features. Add a blog to keep the sites content fresh.
- Flexible design allows content to be moved in and out of blocks, rearranged among a rich set of layouts.
- Versioning of content allowed preview of draft site before changes are made public.
- Aggressive production schedule.
- Deployment to Amazon Cloud servers for scale when needed.
- Migration of content from previous Liferay CMS.
Technical Solution: Site build-out on Drupal for flexibility. Custom modules handle versioning preview and content box actions.